Saturday, November 1, 2014

My October Favorites

Heyoo!

October is over, so you know what that means! Oh, you don't? Well, it's your lucky day!

Today I am going to be sharing *drumroll* ...my favorites for October!!! "My Monthly Favorites" is something that I used to do on my old blog that I absolutely loved. It was just a fun way for me to get everything together that I liked throughout the month, and share it with you all! I really like doing this because it forces me to appreciate the little things that make me happy, which can be difficult at times. So, lets get started!

#1.The Lorac Long Lasting Eyeshadow Colors in the shade "Smokin'." This is a matte shadow, and I have been using it so much recently! I use it in the crease of my eyelid when I want a little something extra, and it blends beautifully. I had never tried anything by Lorac before, but it all gets astounding reviews, and it definitely lived up to them!


#2. Another eyeshadow, the Ulta eyeshadow in the shade "Gunmetal." I tried this product because in the past I have used the Urban Decay shadow (also in "Gunmetal") but it can get a bit pricey, so I was looking for an inexpensive alternative. I was pleasantly surprised by this product! It went on smoothly and made my hazel eyes pop very nicely. If you'd like to see what it looks like when applied, check it out here!



#3. The Laura Geller Beauty Ingenuity Baked Blush in the shade "Malibu." I am a blush hoarder, so it doesn't take much for a blush to catch my eye, but this one was a no-brainer. I saw a Laura Geller product featured in a Sprinkle of Glitter beauty video, and after a bit of searching, found this blush. It was very pigmented, with just the slightest bit of shimmer. Love, love, love!


#4. This is not a beauty favorite, but I have definitely been loving the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles Mason Jar Candle from Bath and Body Works. Every year there is always one scent from the Fall Collection that I am obsessed with, and this year, this was it. The scent is so yummy, and look at the adorable packaging!


#5. Joe's Pumpkin O's! Someone actually gave me a box of these a few weeks ago, and I was excited to try them, but also a little apprehensive. I definitely love pumpkin everything, just like the rest of the world, but the idea seemed a bit odd to me. Then, the same person gave me another box, before I even opened the first! I was like, "why'd you do that? What if I hate them?!" ...and then I tried them. And now I am sad I only have 2 boxes. So delish! (Get them at your local Trader Joe's in the cereal aisle!)


That is it for my beauty and lifestyle favorites, so here are some of my music, movie, and book faves!

#6. Music! Here were some of the songs I was obsessed with in October:
- Clean Bandit: Rather Be ft. Jess Glynne
- Kiesza: Hideaway
- Ellie Goulding: Hanging On
- Broods: Bridges
- Rudimental: Feel The Love ft. John Newman

#7. Movies!
- The Giver. I saw this movie when in theatres, and it was fantastic! I read the book when I was in middle school, and the movie definitely inspired me to want to read it again.
- Romeo & Juliet (2013). Romeo & Juliet is definitely one of my favorite stories, so I love almost every version, but I watched this one a ton this month.
- The Fault In Our Stars. Obviously.

#8. This months book recommendation is...... Taken By Storm by Angela Morrison. This book was an awesome read, I recommend it to anyone who likes a well-written teen love story. The story follows a diver who is trying to piece his life back together after his parents die, and the sweet girl that helps him do it. My favorite part about reading this novel was that some chapters are in his point of view and other, hers.  It was truly lovely. Read the full synopsis and buy the book here!

So, there they are! My favorites for October!

A million blushes and love stories,

-Brooklynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment