Sunday, November 22, 2015

Being Awkward & MEETING DAN AND PHIL!

Heyooo!!

Back again today, and IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS POST. But before I start, show of hands...who is a fangirl? *raises all limbs* Everyone? Perfect. If you are an average fangirl, or at least have a bit of insight into fangirl culture, then you know what it is like to see or meet your favorite band, musician, actor, or in my case, YouTuber. Its fun! But if you're me.. the experience itself is 25 percent excitement, 10 percent happiness, and 65 percENT COMPLETE AND UTTER HUMILIATION AT HOW RIDICULOUSLY AWKWARD I AM IN EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE.
GAH!



So before I get into my adventure to meet Dan and Phil, let me give you a bit of a background on my awkward-ness. I wasn't always an awkward human, there was a time in high school when I could hang out with friends and make jokes and be a normal person. And then...college happened. I started doing things and going out and I realized that the normalcy I thought I had possessed wasn't even a thing and that in the real world I cant even form a sentence without causing the poor person conversing with me to feel uncomfortable. Anybody relate? Yeah. BUT, I have found a solution, and I will share it with you. 

This may come as a shock, but the best way to deal with being awkward is...

to accept it!



Go with the flow, man! Every situation needs at least one awkward kid to knock everyone down a few pegs, or things will get boring! Let being awkward be a part of you, you'll feel much better about it, I can promise that. 

Okay, now that I have given you some life-changing advice, *hair flip* lets get on to Dan and Phil! If you aren't familiar with them, they are hilariously lovely YouTubers from the UK, and they have recently released a book! I've only read a little of it so far, but its fantastic and I am totally going to enjoy finishing my *signed* copy.

(If you're interested in watching the videos of these crazy guys, their individual channels are Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil, but they also run a joint channel called DanAndPhilGAMES which I highly suggest you check out because it is a beautiful, time wasting abyss that I fall into multiple times a week. Just saying.) 
For the interest of a comedic blog post, I will share with you the actual dialogue I shared with Dan and Phil. Please go easy on me, it was my first meeting-my-favorite-YouTubers experience lol.
i think god forgot to give me self awareness

I went to meet them with my friend Abby, (remember her from my post about Internet Friends?) and Phil said her sweater looked warm..it was basically the highlight of both of our lives, lbh.


YAY! So there you have it kids! Whenever you have any chance to meet any of the people you look up to, I highly suggest you go for it even if you're as awkward as me, because it was the most fun I had in a long time. 


Awkward encounters and YouTube celebrities,

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment